In the Highgate Conservation Area, this project was the restoration and conversion to apartments of a 1916 listed building, originally built for housing the female staff of the Prudential Assurance Company.
Through consultation with Conservation Officers and Historic England, planning was secured for 15 residential units. The scheme includes the addition of a penthouse, infills to the rear U-shaped floor plates at first, second and third floors as well as two new basement levels. The lower level is for parking and the upper one for leisure facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and gym.
Substantial improvements were made to the external facades through the removal of two external metal staircases and existing services.
The somewhat dilapidated grounds were fully restored to provide both private and communal landscaped gardens.